About the Sustainable Party
The Sustainable Party has been established by Gordon Wylie, a highly experienced engineer working in the sustainable energy field.
The aims of the Party are to:
- Achieve Net Zero within 10 years whilst achieving the fastest economic growth rate amongst developed countries.
- Adopt “the best available solution” for sustainable UK energy supply.
- Enable British citizens to fulfil their potential and lead satisfying, enjoyable lives without compromising opportunities for future generations.
- Concentrate education and training on helping everyone to focus on developing their capabilities on activities where they are both passionate, willing to make the effort to learn and which will add sustainable value to society.
- Focus on “experiences” rather than “things” to achieve fulfilment in life, and to “rent” rather than to “own” things which are used infrequently or for a short time.
- Create a business environment which incentivises the rapid development of successful, sustainable, high productivity companies and social enterprises.
- Incentivise wealth creation without supporting excessive personal greed. After achieving a relatively high level of post-tax personal wealth, successful citizens will be encouraged to support social enterprises of their choice with their “excess wealth”, including the Sustainable Community Funds that form a key part of the party's manifesto.
- Create the “right environment” to encourage successful, responsible sustainable capitalism then UK society as a whole and local communities will manage the “details” rather than the Government being required to micro-manage everything.
The Sustainable Party is registered with the Electoral Commission: